Dear Family,
I am still alive and kicking. My voice is completely gone, but that just means that I am loud enough to not get too much flak from the Drill Instructors (DI's). They have what they call "IT" which is incentive training to correct "minor deficiencies" - basically if you mess up get what recruits call quarterdeck. You go and do push-ups, crunches, mountain climbers and other tough exercises in full gear. I have personally been quarter decked six times, which is better than most.
My platoon is getting pretty good at drill, which our senior DI is very excited about.
I have been assigned as our platoon's witchdoctor because of my EMT experience as well as the LDS Prayer Leader. There our four members (including me) and the branch here is really awesome.
I miss you all very much! I miss my sisters, my mom, my dad, my awesome big brother. I miss showers that are longer than 60 seconds and be able to change my clothes everyday :) I miss enjoying my meals instead of devouring them in less than 5 minutes. Basically, I just miss home and can't really wait to hear from all you.
Please write.
Love,
Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment